And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Saturday, August 26, 2017

In the Garden

Hello friends!  I admit....I don't have a very green thumb and I'm not much of a gardener, but this year I decided to try growing a few tomatoes.  I am so excited....none are ripe yet, but there are tons of tomatoes on my plants!  I must say that I am much better at planting flowers on cards.  I've shared a few blooms over on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Blog and thought I'd share here as well.

Creative Nugget:  This card was actually inspired by my shower curtain.  The flower from the Mason Jar Bouquet stamp set was stamped multiple times and cut with the help of my Scan 'n Cut. These were mounted to a black panel to resemble my shower curtain.  No coloring....easy peasy!  Stripes were stenciled down the side and a white embossed sentiment added.

Creative Nugget:  The Faux Linen Technique was used on two pieces of glossy card stock.  Distress inks were sponged on to cover each panel and the honeycomb from the Sweet as Honey set was stamped on one.  The cards were then sanded first in one direction and then in the other to create the texture of linen. A stamp from the Long Stem Silhouettes set was stamped repeatedly in the corner.  A square aperture was die cut from one of the panels and the time-loved hymn from the Hymn Blocks set was stamped on the other so that it could be seen through the frame.  The bee was popped onto the card and a trail of gem stones added to finish the card.

These cards will be submitted for the following challenges:

Thanks so much for stopping by...take time to smell the flowers!

Hugs,
Cathymac

7 comments:

chrissie said...

A very beautiful project with the bee and great flowers on the card

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Aileen said...

Love your card and how you did your flowers. Clever you, using your scan and cut to cut out the flowers, I have this machine but am so struggling with how to cut out stamped images. Anyway back to your card I love the black and white look and the stripes at the side, all up it is very eye catching. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely card with Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog; it fits perfectly with our ‘Things beginning with B’ challenge theme. Hope you can join us again very soon.
Diane Louise (DT member) xx

froebelsternchen said...

Fantastic cards!
Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday !

Craft-E-Place said...

Two super cards. Thanks for joining us at ATSM
Elaine

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your subtly shaded garden! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Janis Lewis said...

Fabulous! Thanks for sharing at Moving along with the times.
~DT Janis