And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Be Joyful!

Hello sketch lovin' friends!  I hope this post finds you well and that you've been able to stay away from that nasty flu bug..I've heard it really wipes you out for a few days!  So far, the Lord has kept me healthy and for that I'm joyful!

Oh my...what a busy week at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!  A new release and five mini blog hops featuring each of the sets has literally kept us hoppin'! Now it's Saturday and time for a new sketch over at The Sweet Stop.  Even though the release festivities are over, I found myself reaching for one of the new sets once again...LOVE Long Stem Silhouettes and know it will get a lot of use since it is so versatile.


Creative Nugget:  The choice of colors for this card came together when I saw these two pieces of patterned paper lying on the floor next to each other in my scrap pile.  After they were sized correctly for the sketch, one was given a punched border and both were stitched to Neenah Solar White and attached to a Kraft card front. The white strip was scored and the Baker's twine was wrapped around the card between the score lines.  The long stem flowers were stamped twice in VersaMagic and white embossed on a piece of Kraft card stock.  This panel was stitched to a piece of white.  The sentiment is from the Be Joyful stamp set by Our Daily Bread Designs, and was also stitched to a piece of Kraft.  A button was added and a Viva Pearl Pen was used in the centers of the flowers to finish the card.

There's lots of wonderful inspiration over at The Sweet Stop from my fellow Sugar Babies so be sure to check out each one and leave a little love behind.  Here's this week's SSS193!


Sugar Babies



Thanks so much for stopping by...stay healthy and be joyful...have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Cathymac

Card Recipe
Stamps: Long Stem Silhouettes (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps), Be Joyful (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, VersaMagic (Tsukineko), Worn Lipstick Distress Ink (Ranger)
Paper: Neenah Solar Crest (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps), Kraft (PTI), Scraps
Accessories: Sew Mini (Janome), Rectangle and Long Rectangle Nesties (Spellbinders), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Strawberry Baker's Twine (The Twinery), Button (PTI), White Embossing Powder (SU!), Salmon Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), Scor-Pal

5 comments:

Faye said...

Love, love, love this card Cathy. Fab colours, the gingham looks great and I think I need the silhouette image. Have a great weekend. xx

Unknown said...

This is just stunning! I love the sentiment!

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful Cathy, I really like the colors. It was so good to see you again today at my favorite scrapbook store. Can't wait to see how you use your new supplies. Hope you have a great weekend, Blessings, Jill

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Cathy. The silhouette images look lovely and the colors are just perfect. You always make the best paper choices! Love the stitching too.

Stephanie said...

This is so beautiful, I can't wait to play with this set.